Nutritional Benefits of Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds are one of my favorite ingredient to add to a variety of recipes or as a quick snack to get me through the afternoon. Almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, chia, flax, sunflower…you name it. I don’t think I’ve ever tried a nut or see I didn’t like. But, when it comes to nut or seed butters the extent of my experience is limited. Except for the occasional peanut butter sandwich, almond butter and sun butter has been the extent of my nut and seed butter experience. Man, have I been missing out!
What I like most about Nutzzo, other than the taste of course:
- the nutritional value and nutrient density in a single serving. It’s a food I can feel good about eating.
- available in creamy and chunky varieties
- the seven nut and seed butter is a combination of my favorite nuts and seeds along with dark chocolate (Yum!)
- works great in recipes for snacks, salad dressings, and desserts (any recipe that called for almond or peanut butter I substituted with the Creamy Nutzzo Seven Nut and Seed Butter and it worked wonderfully)
- Nutzzo is certified organic
A single serving of Nutzzo provides a nutritional profile with a combination of nuts and seeds that is a powerhouse of superfood and nutrient dense calories.
All of the nutrients are beneficial but a few of the things I look for first in a food are protein, Omega 3 and all natural. Nuttzo:- provides over 50% of your daily ADA omega 3 in one spoonful
- has no added sugars, oils or preservatives
- is a good source of protein
Recipes
Yield: 2
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Nuttzo
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder (amount may vary with different brands)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for a thicker consistency.
- Drizzle with Nuttzo and sprinkle with chocolate chips (optional)
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
2.2
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons Nuttzo Seven Nut and Seed Butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet Vanilla Stevia for a sweeter taste* (Optional)
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the nut mixture and form into a ball. Place on a plate.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
* I preferred the the nut, banana and chocolate flavors without the Stevia but my family liked the added sweetness of the Vanilla Stevia.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
No comments:
Post a Comment