Monday, July 15, 2013

I have been craving these PB Granola Bars that I made a couple weeks ago, so when I didn't go and have dinner with my boyfriend after work tonight I came and home and though "what should I do until I have to go and get Audree from her dad?" I thought well geez.....So I decided to whip up a batch of these granola bars again. This time I made them a little different and there was a lesson learned here with this round! Make sure you have enough of ALL the ingredients that it calls for. I didn't have enough honey for what it called, I though "do I really need all this honey?" Sure enough, lesson learned when I cut into them after they were done baking and cooled down a little bit, CRUMBLES!!! Oh well, they are still YUMMY anyway, but I learned my lesson!  So today I have decided that I'm going to share this recipe with you.

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

1/2 cup reduced fat peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
2 T. Canola oil (I don't usually put this in when it calls for it. I never have and it is ok)
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup brown sugar (I use the dark brown sugar)
3/4 tsp salt ( I never use salt when it calls for it)
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

When it comes to the chocolate and peanut butter chips, you can add as much, or little or none at all if you want. I usually will put more in just because my daughter and boyfriend like them in there. I also add more peanut butter too, (they both like that too)

Try them out and let me know what you think about them. Even add your own twist to it. I'm thinking that next time I make these, I am going to add pumpkin to it. Doesn't Peanut Butter and Pumpkin sound good together?

No comments:

Post a Comment